Home School Homepage | Contact Information
LBL ESD Process for Home School Students Pursuing GED
The procedure listed below explains the GED requirements for home-schooled students. Please contact LBL ESD at least one week
before your student plans to attend GED classes or take the GED tests. Also note that the home-schooled student is not released from home school testing requirements until LBL ESD receives written verification that the student has been awarded the GED Certificate.
GED Preparation & Testing
- LBL ESD receives a request from a parent/guardian for their student to participate in GED preparation and testing.
- Parent/guardian is sent an explanatory Cover Memo ( 39K) and a Parent Assurance Form ( 44K) to complete. This form includes authorization to release GED test information to LBL ESD.
- LBL ESD receives completed Parent Assurance Form and sends the parent/guardian:
- LBL ESD cover letter indicating student's status
- GED Authorization Packet, including:
- ESD GED Authorization Letter
- GED Testing Authorization Form (purple bubble sheet)
- Copy of completed Parent Assurance Form signed by ESD
- Parent takes appropriate forms to GED Preparation/Test Center.
- Student participates in GED preparation classes and/or testing.
GED Test Completed
- When results from GED tests are available, the testing center shares this information with LBL ESD.
- Upon successful completion of all GED testing, students may be withdrawn from home school. When the testing center or parent/guardian provides LBL ESD with notification that the student has completed the requirements to achieve a GED certificate, LBL ESD sends the parent/guardian a status letter stating the student has been released from home school.